Effective Date: March 12, 2020; Last Updated: November 23, 2020
XPERTIFY is dedicated to helping people practice and master whatever they are learning. When you share information with us we can help you achieve that goal by helping you find the right content and making your studying quicker and more effective. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our applications. This notice explains:
· The information we collect and where we collect it from
· The ways we use your information
· The times where we might need to share information
· Choices you have about we do and how to exercise your choices
· How to contact us if you have questions
Information We Collect and Sources
We need to collect certain information about you to provide you with the Service or the support you request. The type of information we collect can vary depending on how you access and use our Service. Additionally, you can choose to voluntarily provide information to us. Below, we have described the types of information we collect and from where we collect it.
Information you Provide to Us to Use the Service
Account information : We collect the information you provide when you sign up for an XPERTIFY account, log in to your account, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use the Services. We request an email address, date of birth, location and date of birth when you choose to sign up for the Service so we can provide the Services to you and allow us to comply with applicable regulations. Without this information, we are not be able to provide you with the Service.
Transactional information : Users who engage in financial transactions with XPERTIFY, for example to purchase an upgraded membership subscription, are asked to provide additional information in order to complete the transaction, such as a credit card number, billing address and full name.
Visitors can always refrain from supplying certain information, but it may prevent them from engaging in certain XPERTIFY services which require that information.
Information You Provide to Enhance Your Experience :
You can choose to provide us with additional information in order to obtain a better user experience when using the Service. This additional information will be processed with your consent and/or to provide you with services you request. This information includes your survey responses, participation in contests, promotions or other marketing efforts, suggestions for improvements, referrals, or any other actions on the Service.
Information We Get Automatically When You Use the Service :
We automatically collect information about you and how you use the Service, like when you practice subjects, join a contest, or view and interact with your or other users’ content. This information we collect includes:
Like most website operators, XPERTIFY collects information about how users visit our site and the devices they use. We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, device identifiers like IDFA and UDID, and mobile network information). XPERTIFY may associate your device identifiers or other device information with your XPERTIFY Account to help us provide consistent services across your devices.
We may use your IP address to generate a general approximation of where you are located, in order to provide you with an improved experience. We do not request access to or collect location sensor information, such as GPS or Bluetooth beacons, from your mobile device while downloading or using our mobile apps or services.
Log information : When you use XPERTIFY, we automatically collect and store certain information about this activity. This data includes details of how you used our service, like your search queries, clicks and site navigation information, or study activity. It also may include data such as:
· Browser type
· Language preference and time zone
· Referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request
· Connection information like ISP or mobile operator
· Internet Protocol (IP) address
· Log-in and Log-out times
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
The information we collect about you from third parties includes
Facebook Connect and Google Login: You may have the option to log in to our site using sign-in services such as Facebook Connect and Google Login. These services authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name, date of birth, and email address, to pre-populate our sign-up form. You may, optionally, choose to provide additional information during the sign-up or linking process, such as a friends list, to enable certain features on XPERTIFY.
Other users : XPERTIFY may receive information about you from other users. For example, if another user chooses to use our referral service to tell a friend about our services, we may ask that user for their friend’s name and email address so we can send the invites on their behalf. You may contact us through the form below the privacy guidelines to request that we remove your information from our database.
Other partners and companies
XPERTIFY may also receive information about you from other sources, including our partners, service providers or other third parties.
Information From Children
Third Party Service Providers : Where necessary, we use restricted versions of our third-party services (for example, Google Analytics) that limit data sharing and tracking on areas of our site and mobile apps that are accessed by children to support our internal operations.
Parental Rights : Parents and legal guardians of children under 13 can consent to collection and use of a child's personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to third parties. Parents or guardians can review information their children under 13 have contributed to XPERTIFY by accessing their child's account via password reset. Parents can also request that XPERTIFY delete that information and refuse to allow XPERTIFY to collect further information from their children by contacting XPERTIFY at email@example.com. Learn more about this in our Managing your Account section below. XPERTIFY may ask additional questions or take other steps to verify the identity of a parent or guardian before responding to a request to review or delete a child's information or a request to refuse further collection from a child.
How We Use Your Information
We collect information about you when you use the Service for a variety of reasons in order to support XPERTIFY and to enable our team to continue to create engaging experiences for our users.
Providing, Analyzing, Improving and Developing the Service
We process the data we collect about you to operate, improve and develop the XPERTIFY Service, including providing, maintaining, securing and improving our services, developing new ones, and protecting XPERTIFY and our users. We are able to deliver our services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our services. We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
Here are some examples of how we use this information:
· Providing, maintaining and improving the Service. Account information we collect from you allows us to help you log in, host your content, and use the various study tools we have. It also allows us learn about how you and others use XPERTIFY to help create new activities and services, like XPERTIFY Live.
· Improving, personalizing and facilitating your use of the Service. When you sign up and use a XPERTIFY account, we may associate certain information with your new account, such as information about other XPERTIFY accounts you had or currently have, and your prior usage of the Service. For example, we use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to save your language preferences, so we will be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer. We do this in order to ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you.
· Showing your success story or pictures on our blogs.
· Measuring, tracking and analyzing trends and usage in connection with your use or the performance of the Service. In order to develop and enhance our products and deliver a consistent, secure and continuous experience, we need gather certain information to analyze usage and performance of the Service. We also use mobile analytics software to pursue our legitimate interests in operating and improving XPERTIFY by allowing us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events and activities that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
· Fulfilling any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service.
· Using you names and pictures to showcase how well you are doing and how you are setting up an example for everyone else.
Communicating with You About the Service
We also use your account information and information you provide to us to provide you with relevant information about the Service and to assist you in using the Service if required. These communications may include:
· Sending you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us about our products and services. We may send you information about the parts of XPERTIFY you use or that may be relevant to you. While we primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information and we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum, you may object to being contacted for these reasons using your personal contact information using the mechanisms provided in the XPERTIFY service or using the information provided below.
· Conducting surveys and collecting feedback about the Service. We do this to evaluate the effectiveness of any updates we provide.
· Special achievements e.g. winning contests, being top on the leaderboard & etc.
· For feedback & testimonials.
· Delivering assistance or answering support requests. We send you the information and support you request, including technical notices, security alerts, and other administrative messages to provide assistance for problems you may encounter with the Service or your XPERTIFY account.
Protecting the Service and Maintaining a Trusted Environment
We use all categories of information we collect to maintain XPERTIFY as a safe and secure platform for all our users, including appropriate enforcement of XPERTIFY policies, as well as compliance with the law and applicable regulations. These efforts include:
· Preventing fraud, crime and abuse and the security and integrity of the Service. This includes investigating, detecting and preventing or reporting fraud, misrepresentations, security breaches or incidents, other potentially prohibited or illegal activities or to otherwise help protect your account.
· Protecting our and third parties’ rights and property and enforcing our Terms of Service or other applicable agreements or policies, including our Community Guidelines and Honor Code.
· Verifying your identity. In some cases, we may need to verify your identity in order to protect the security and integrity of the Service and your account.
· Complying with any applicable laws or regulations. This includes appropriately responding to lawful requests for information from the government or third parties through legal process.
· Contacting you to resolve disputes, collect fees and provide assistance with the Service.
Advertising, Analytics and Marketing
Cookies and Other Similar Technologies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by XPERTIFY and our partners' affiliates, or analytics or service providers, to collect and store data about our users in order to provide the Service in accordance with our agreement with you under the Terms of Service and are an essential technology for allowing XPERTIFY to pursue our legitimate interests in operating and improving the Service.
Information We Combine
We also collect some information from other sources and combine that with information we collect from you. To ensure a proper experience on XPERTIFY, we combine information collected across devices, such as computers and mobile devices.
We may process data for any other purpose disclosed to you in connection with the Service from time to time. If we intend to process your personal data for a purpose other than that set out above and which is not compatible with the original processing purpose, we will provide you with relevant information prior to such processing and will obtain your consent where necessary.
How your Information Is Shared
Information You Choose to Share on XPERTIFY
Certain information about you or activities you perform on XPERTIFY may be displayed publicly, for example, information included on your user profile, classes you have joined, high scores you have achieved, or sets you have studied may be visible to others. Whenever possible, we provide you with choices about the privacy of your information on XPERTIFY.
How XPERTIFY Shares Information
XPERTIFY shares your information in the following circumstances:
With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of XPERTIFY when we have your consent to do so.
For external processing. XPERTIFY provides personal and non-personal information to our partners, trusted organizations, vendors and other affiliated organizations to process it on our behalf. Some of these contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country. Our providers process data in accordance with our instructions, Privacy Notice and any other appropriate confidentiality, security or other requirements we deem necessary in order to comply with XPERTIFY’s obligations. By using XPERTIFY, you agree to allow these companies to process your data on our behalf, regardless of where they are located. We regularly update a list of our partners, service providers and subprocessors, which you can view here.
To respond to legal and other requests and to prevent harm. XPERTIFY will share all categories of personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of XPERTIFY if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
· Respond to or meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other enforceable governmental requests.
· Enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
· Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
· Protect against and prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of XPERTIFY, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
With any successor to all or part of our business. If XPERTIFY is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
For research purposes. From time to time, XPERTIFY may release non-personal information in the aggregate or as part of anonymized datasets, for example, by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Your Choices About How We Use Your Information
You may receive promotional email messages from XPERTIFY when you first interact with the Service or by making a request to us. You can opt out of receiving promotional email messages from XPERTIFY at the time we collect your information by following the instructions on screen, in those email messages, or by changing your notification settings by emailing us. Opting out of receiving communications may impact your use of the Services. If you decide to opt out, we will still send you non-promotional communications, such as digital receipts and messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Who Can View Information You Post
Comments you post on our blog or in testimonials may be viewable by other users of XPERTIFY and the general public and you should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from these areas, contact us at via email. We provide you the ability to control who can view and modify the content you have created on XPERTIFY and to remove information about previous study sessions. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Managing Your Account
You remain in control of the information you provide to XPERTIFY. You may review, edit or delete any information you submit to us at any time by signing into your XPERTIFY account; however, deletion of this information may restrict your ability to effectively use the Service. You may also delete your account at any time. If you delete your account, all the study sets, folders, and classes that you've created will also be also deleted in accordance with our data retention practices.
For users with Child Accounts, the parent also retains control of the information the child provides to XPERTIFY. Parents may review, edit or delete their child’s account’s content or account at any time by signing into the child’s account. If the parent deletes the account, all the study sets, folders, and classes the child created are also deleted. A parent may request updates or corrections to a Child Account’s registration information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to these requests within a reasonable timeframe.
How Long We Retain Your Information
XPERTIFY retains your personal information for as long as your account is active, to fulfill our legitimate business purposes, or to comply with our legal obligations. When these conditions no longer exist, XPERTIFY removes that information in accordance with our standard deletion processes. XPERTIFY may retain and use non-personal information, including information which has been de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized, indefinitely.
We retain records of support tickets and other communications between XPERTIFY and our users, for example support emails, survey responses, feedback submissions, or comments on our blogs or other posts, indefinitely in order to better manage our support processes, maintaining accurate business records, and identifying other trends. We reserve the right to publish these communications in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How We Secure Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. XPERTIFY takes measures reasonably designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
We use our best efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. For example, our website and apps are designed to be protected by HTTPS encryption. When you enter credit card information on our order forms, that information is intended to be encrypted and is designed protected by our third-party payment providers. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our sites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to This Notice
XPERTIFY reserves the right to modify this Privacy Notice at any time, so please review it frequently. If we materially change how we use your personal information, we will notify, by email, and/or by means of a notice on our website prior to the change becoming effective. If you disagree with these changes, you can delete your account at any time and/or stop using the Service. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your acceptance of any changes to this Privacy Notice.
If we make material changes to how we collect and use personal information from children under the age of consent, we will notify parents by email and, when appropriate, obtain additional parental consent for the new uses of the child's personal information.
If you have questions or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org